My Guide Website?
Rome: Appian Way, Aqueducts Park and Catacombs E-Bike Tour12 Reviews
Embark on a rich journey through a landscape full of ancient Roman marvels. Discover the Ancient Appian Way, the Roman Aqueducts, the Aurelian Walls, and the catacombs with a guide and E-bike.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Rome: Ponza Island Day Trip with Boat Excursion
- From Rome: Positano and Amalfi Coast Day Trip
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Villa D'Este and Hadrian's Villa Tivoli Day Tour
- See an ancient civilization come back to life with our history-buff guides
- Get the most out of the Appian Way Park on our all-rounder 17-mi (27-km) route
- Experience the smooth run of our new, Bosch-powered E-Bikes
- In the 6-hour version, enjoy an underground guided visit of the Catacombs
- Available also as a Private tour (please check availability in the booking form)
DescriptionExplore the Roman countryside on a quality E-Bike with anti-puncture tires and a comfortable saddle. Enjoy an open air experience in the company of an expert guide and in maximum cycling safety, as you navigate the great highlights of this archeological area: the millennia-old Appian Way, the great Aurelian walls, the towering Roman Aqueducts, an Imperial Villa and countless remains of ancient Roman funerary practices. You will leave the city through St. Sebastian's gate and set out on the 2400-year-old Ancient Appian Way. The great extension of this open-air museum, peppered with mausoleums and villas, will tell the fascinating story of Rome's rise and fall. You will bike through vast areas hiding miles of underground Catacomb tunnels (and on the 6-hour version of the tour, you will stop for a guided visit there). As you continue, you will reach the Park of the Aqueducts, where monumental arches - once bringing in enormous quantities of water into Rome - loom over the landscape in the afternoon glow. Return to civilization through the green Caffarella Valley, a patch of true Italian countryside in the midst of the city. Choose from a shorter (4-hour) or longer (6-hour) duration tour, based on your schedule. The itinerary of the two versions is nearly identical; however, the longer tour includes a guided visit inside the early Christian Catacombs.
IncludesQuality E-Mountain Bike (with anti-puncture tires and comfortable saddles) Expert guide Guided visit of the Catacombs (6-hour version) Helmet (mandatory) Bottle of water
- This tour has 2 versions: 6-h tour with Catacombs visit and 4-h tour without this visit.
- The length of both versions is 27 km (17 mi), 60% of which off-road. The level is intermediate (difficult with a child seat/child extension).
- Around 40% of this tour takes place in the city, on carefully chosen streets. However, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in parks), there is no traffic.
- On Wednesdays this tour may last up to 30 minutes more than usual.
- Child policy: Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (140cm/55' tall) can ride an E-bike.
- This tour doesn't include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some.
- A minimum of 4 participants applies. If it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.