My Guide Website?
From Civitavecchia: Full-Day Panoramic Bus Tour of Rome884 Reviews
Enjoy a full-day panoramic bus tour of Rome and learn about its history from ancient Rome to the Baroque period. Travel in a comfortable air-conditioned coach from the port of Civitavecchia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica and choose an optional tour of the interior
- Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain in the Baroque center of Rome
- Admire the wonderful Altar of the Fatherland in the famous Venice Square
DescriptionHead to Rome on a full-day guided sightseeing bus tour of the Eternal City from the port of Civitavecchia. Discover the city's hottest locations like St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, and the Trevi Fountain. Be welcomed by your tour leader at the Civitavecchia port and board a spacious coach. Relax on the drive to your first stop in Rome that is just a stone’s throw away from the Palazzaccio (Palace of Justice) in Piazza dei Tribunali. Take time to admire the most powerful and imposing castle ever built in Rome, Castel Sant’Angelo. Nearby, marvel at magnificent St. Peter's Basilica from the top of Via della Conciliazione. Feast your eyes on the semi-circular colonnades that frame St. Peter's Square, designed and built by Bernini in the 17th century. Meet your tour leader at a designated point for the second part of the tour. Board the bus for a panoramic ride. Cross the Tiber near the Tiberine Island, see the Pyramid of Cestius, and view the Baths of Caracalla, the second largest Roman baths. End your scenic bus ride with a stop in Via Petroselli, near the Theatre of Marcellus. Reach the Capitoline Hill to see the Cordonata that leads to Piazza del Campidoglio. Arrive at the Althar of the Fatherland and view dei Fori Imperiali roade to the Colosseum. Observe Traian’s Forum and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain. Take a break for a quick lunch or to grab a gelato. Enter the incredibly well-preserved Pantheon temple built to see its massive dome and the tombs of Victor Emanuell II and Raphael. End your tour in Piazza Navona where you can see the 4 Rivers Fountain by Bernini, before ending your visit to Rome and heading back to the port in Civitavecchia.
IncludesPick-up and drop off in Civitavecchia Transfers by comfortable, air-conditioned coach Tour leader Onboard narration from the tour leader Free time at each stop
- Admission to the Colosseum and Roman Forum are not included in the tour price. The panoramic tour will provide an external view of these monuments
- Priority entrance to St. Peter's Basilica is not included. This can be purchased just before boarding the coach (when available). The rate will be €22 per person
- The language for the tour inside the Basilica can be requested when booking the service, before boarding the coach
- If you wish to enter the Basilica, you must have your knees, shoulders, midriff, and cleavage covered as the Vatican can otherwise refuse entry
- During special events inside St. Peter's Basilica, guided tours are not allowed to enter
- The panoramic tour can be bilingual