My Guide Website?
Roman Catacombs Guided Tour with Transfer1 Reviews
Discover the dark side of Rome on a guided tour of the ancient Christian Catacombs under the Appian Way. Walk among the 2000-year-old crypts and frescoes unveiling the secret underground labyrinth.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rome: Drunken History Walking Tour with Included Drinks
- Dark Heart of Rome - Facts, Legend & Mystery Walking Tour
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Hadrian's Villa & Villa d'Este Day Trip & Lunch
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- Comfortable return transfer to the Catacombs
- Guided tour of the ancient Catacombs on the Appian Way
- Explore the crypts and tombs of the early Christians in Rome
- Admire the burial ground og martyrs, popes and apostles
- Join unique food-tasting experience in Trastevere if the option is chosen
DescriptionFollow the footsteps of ancient Romans on this hidden path with a guided tour. Enjoy the comfortable transfer in a minivan from our centrally located meeting point in Rome. Meet your tour guide at the entrance of the ancient Christian Catacombs. Unveil the secrets of this immense 2000-year-old underground cemetery spread over an area of approximately 15 hectares, 60 km long, where the first Roman Christians were buried. Immersed in the Roman countryside, discover an endless maze of underground chambers and frescoes of mythological and biblical creatures. Admire ancient crypts rich in inscriptions carved into the walls, niches with the remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs, and small chapels, that even after 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites. You will find the burial sites of famous martyrs, popes, and according to legends, even apostles. The catacombs that are open to the public are the Catacombs of San Calixtus, Domitilla, and San Sebastiano. On our tour, we will visit one, depending on availability. You have the option to add a unique food-tasting and wine-pairing experience in the heart of Trastevere. A special gourmet experience to taste the best Italian cheeses, cold cuts, and wine, served by passionate locals in a 600-year-old wine cellar. After the catacombs tour, your driver will take you directly to the meeting point for the food-tasting experience.
IncludesTransfer service in an air-conditioned minivan Professional tour guide for the Catacombs 45-min Catacombs tour Catacombs tickets All fees and taxes Food tasting experience (if the option is added)
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund. Pets are not allowed For guests who book the Catacombs tour with the Food-tasting option: It is mandatory to communicate any allergies or intolerances to food and drinks at the time of booking. Failure to communicate does not guarantee the service. Fabullus and the staff are not responsible for any reactions caused by allergies or intolerances to food and drinks if not communicated before the service.