My Guide Website?
From Rome: Pompeii and Naples Full-Day Tour3 Reviews
Explore the archeological site of Pompeii, buried by the Vesuvius volcano in 79 AD on a full-day tour. Learn the history of the ruined city and move on to explore the historical city of Naples.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Rome: Ponza Island Day Trip with Boat Excursion
- From Rome: Positano and Amalfi Coast Day Trip
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Villa D'Este and Hadrian's Villa Tivoli Day Tour
- Visit the famous archaeological site of Pompeii, buried by Vesuvius' eruption
- Learn about the history of the amazing Mount Vesuvius and its past eruptions
- Get to know the historical city of Naples and try its famous Neapolitan pizza
- Appreciate the view of the Campanian landscape on the journey to and from Rome
- Hear the history of Naples from the tour leader while exploring the city on foot
DescriptionExplore two of Italy's most famous and historical cities with a full-day tour of the archaeological site at the city of Pompeii and the city of Naples. Learn the history of each city while you walk around these important places in Italy´s history. On the journey to our destinations, the tour leader will be explaining some important facts about the things we will be able to see during the bus ride, as well as introducing the history of Pompeii and Naples, as he will be accompanying us in the journeys between cities. Start the tour from our meeting point in Rome and travel first to the iconic archaeological site and former city of Pompeii. Experience the ruins of the city firsthand, and see the aftermath of Mount Vesuvius' eruption in the year 79. See the preserved elements of the city of Pompeii, buried under ash and volcanic materials, allowing them to be frozen in time. You will be lucky to see how the explosion caused that today we can continue enjoying these architectural wonders. It is undoubtedly a place that will leave you speechless. Enjoy a guided visit of the place together with a professional guide. Now it´s time to travel to Naples, after exploring the wonders and history of Pompeii. Reach one of the most populous cities in southern Italy and prepare to be captured by its streets and traditions. Start with some free time to explore the city, and enjoy its sights. Relax and try some of the Neapolitan pizza the city is famous for, and stroll through its streets to admire the beautiful historical architecture. See the city's historic center, a World Heritage Site, and don´t forget to admire the views of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy a pleasant walk through the city and learn the secrets of the city from the tour leader. Hear about life in Naples, the city's customs, and enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean climate. Finish exploring the city and get ready to head back to the meeting point in Rome. Admire the wonders of the Campanian landscape on the drive back to the city. In case you only want to visit the ruins of Pompeii, you can choose this option.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation from the meeting point Tour leader that will accompany you in Naples (if option selected) Archeological Site of Pompeii entry ticket Guided visit inside the Archeological Site of Pompeii
- Please note that the order of the itinerary may vary depending on the season. Note that lunch is not included, but the guide will recommend some places close to Pompeii