My Guide Website?
Rome: Vatican Museums & St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb154 Reviews
Discover the highlights of the Vatican City on a guided tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. Climb to the very top of St. Peter's Dome for panoramic views of Rome.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at panoramic views of The Eternal City from the top of St. Peter's Dome
- Learn about the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, and more from your expert guide
- Save valuable time with skip-the-line entry tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Enjoy a guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica and visit the papal crypts below
- Admire the intricate frescoes that adorn the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
DescriptionLooking for an all-in-one Vatican tour that shows you the best Vatican City has to offer? Our unique 5-hour combo tour includes all the key elements for a rounded visit! Let us show you the stunning St. Peter’s Basilica, join us on a climb up the Dome, explores the Papal Crypts, and lastly skips the extensive lines at the Vatican to visit its imposing museums and its breathtaking Sistine Chapel. Our tour begins with a visit to the highest point of Vatican City. Enjoy an elevator ride and make the final climb up St. Peter’s iconic dome for an unforgettable view across the Vatican and Rome. A bit of fitness is required to go all the way to the top, but when in Rome.. we highly recommend it! Descending back to street level our guide will show you some of the St Peter's Basilica's highlights, such as the Baldacchino, Michelangelo's Pietà and the altar of St Peter. Our guide will be alongside of you to make sure no important site is left unseen before descending to the Papal Crypts. Making your way through the Crypts our guide will tell the stories of the ones laid to rest in this holy place and answer any questions you might have before proceeding onward to the Vatican Museums. Skipping the queues our guide will make sure your time is used wisely so you can explore the hallways of this magnificent museum with ease. After visiting some of the Museum's highlights such as Raphael's Rooms, the Courtyard and the famous Gallery of the Maps, we'll continue to what for many is the highlight of their visit - the Sistine Chapel. As many operators don't include a guided visit of St Peters, our combo tour including unique dome climb access is a must when visiting the eternal city!
IncludesGuide Skip-the-line early entry to St. Peter's Basilica Access to the elevator and stairs to the top of St. Peter's dome Tour of St. Peter's Basilica and papal crypts Skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums Tour of Vatican Museums Entry to Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
- Visitors must adhere to a strict dress code. Both men and women must cover their knees and shoulders The activity provider will not be held responsible for refused entry due to unsuitable attire During State visits or special religious events, parts of the Vatican may be closed unexpectedly. If an area normally covered on a tour is closed, the guide will still provide explanations of the closed areas from outside. Plus, you will see an extra site or gallery to compensate On Wednesdays, the tour does not visit St. Peter's Basilica due to an Audience blessing being held there. On this day, the tour will cover other areas of the Vatican Museums in place of the Basilica