My Guide Website?
Rome: Underground Trastevere Guided Walking Tour32 Reviews
Discover one of Rome’s most bohemian neighborhoods, Trastevere, on this small group or private walking tour. Admire the area’s impressive architecture, and head underground to explore historic passageways and see ancient frescoes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the charming neighborhood of Trastevere with a local guide
- Discover some of the area's best kept secrets and hidden gems
- Admire underground frescoes, crypts, and passageways dating back centuries
- See the Cavallini Room and the impressive Last Judgement masterpiece
- Choose between a private or small group tour in multiple languages
DescriptionMeet your guide near the beautiful Tiber River, then travel back in time as you explore the picturesque streets of Trastevere. Head to the medieval Basilica of Saint Crisogono, which boasts an impressive interior. Next, go underground and find yourself in 4th century Rome. Soak up the unique atmosphere of this underground basilica, admiring its ancient frescoes and mysterious crypts. Head to the Church of Santa Cecilia next, and find its 3rd century mosaic flooring underground. Learn about the legendary Santa Cecilia, as well as her macabre death. Arrive at the Cavallini Room next, and marvel at the Last Judgement masterpiece (morning tours only). End the tour in the heart of Trastevere, in front of the golden mosaics of Santa Maria, one of the oldest churches in Rome.
IncludesProfessional guide Entrance fees to underground sections Sterilized headsets to hear the guide One mask per person, if required Use of hand sanitizer during the tour Full on-site assistance
- This tour is subject to the liturgical-calendar. If canceled, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- This tour takes place rain or shine, as long as the underground sections remain accessible
- Please be advised that customers with claustrophobia may not feel comfortable in the underground sections
- The Cavallini Room is only accessible in the morning. So please note that the afternoon tours will not visit
- Modest clothing is required to enter the churches (knees and shoulders must be covered)
- The small group tours will have a maximum of nine participants