My Guide Website?
Rome: Half-Day Ancient Appian Way & Aqueducts E-Bike Tour41 Reviews
Explore Rome on a guided tour by electric-assist mountain bike. Ride through Rome's rich countryside and experience the Ancient Appian Way and the monumental Roman Aqueducts.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Rome: Ponza Island Day Trip with Boat Excursion
- From Rome: Positano and Amalfi Coast Day Trip
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Villa D'Este and Hadrian's Villa Tivoli Day Tour
- Follow your guide on a bike tour of the Roman countryside
- Cycle past the Circus of Maxentius and other Roman ruins
- Travel along 2,300 year-old cobblestones of the Ancient Appian Way
- See the amazing aqueducts built by the Romans
- Available also as a Private tour (please check availability in the booking form)
DescriptionThe Roman countryside boasts plenty of remarkable vistas. There’s plenty to take in on this half-day cycling tour, from the 2,300-year-old cobblestone roads to the ancient ruins and the incredible scenery. After a short urban ride, you will reach the beginning of the Ancient Appian Way and then continue to cycle past ancient tombs and the ruins of an Imperial palace. As you ride, your guide will share interesting historical facts that will open your eyes to the Rome beyond the monuments. Leaving the Ancient Appian Way, you will follow the ancient aqueducts through the Roman countryside, where you might feel like you are in the wild side of Rome of centuries ago. After a pleasant ride back, your tour ends with a return to central Rome.
IncludesCannondale electric mountain bike with anti-puncture tires Local guide Helmet (mandatory) Handlebar bag Biodegradable bottle of water
- The length of the tour will be 27 kilometers, roughly 60% of which will take place off-road Approximately 40% of the route of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully selected streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Park of the Aqueducts. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic. The level of the tour is intermediate (challenging with an added child seat or child extension). Wearing a helmet on the tour is mandatory Infants under the age of 1 year cannot participate in the tour. Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (max 55 lbs or 25 kg) can come on the tour free of charge For children aged 5-8 years, a child extension is provided Children aged 9 and above can ride on an appropriately-sized e-bike. A minimum of 4 participants applies. If it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative for your tour or a full refund. The tour may last up to 30 minutes more on Wednesdays (4.5 h)