Events in Rome

Please select a Date first.

Search for a company in Rome

Rome: Half-Day Ancient Appian Way & Aqueducts E-Bike Tour

41 Reviews
Tours Culture & history Activities Reseller exclusions Nature & adventure Rentals

Explore Rome on a guided tour by electric-assist mountain bike. Ride through Rome's rich countryside and experience the Ancient Appian Way and the monumental Roman Aqueducts.

Highlights

  • Follow your guide on a bike tour of the Roman countryside
  • Cycle past the Circus of Maxentius and other Roman ruins
  • Travel along 2,300 year-old cobblestones of the Ancient Appian Way
  • See the amazing aqueducts built by the Romans
  • Available also as a Private tour (please check availability in the booking form)

Description

The Roman countryside boasts plenty of remarkable vistas. There’s plenty to take in on this half-day cycling tour, from the 2,300-year-old cobblestone roads to the ancient ruins and the incredible scenery. After a short urban ride, you will reach the beginning of the Ancient Appian Way and then continue to cycle past ancient tombs and the ruins of an Imperial palace. As you ride, your guide will share interesting historical facts that will open your eyes to the Rome beyond the monuments. Leaving the Ancient Appian Way, you will follow the ancient aqueducts through the Roman countryside, where you might feel like you are in the wild side of Rome of centuries ago. After a pleasant ride back, your tour ends with a return to central Rome.

Includes

Cannondale electric mountain bike with anti-puncture tires Local guide Helmet (mandatory) Handlebar bag Biodegradable bottle of water

Important Information

  • The length of the tour will be 27 kilometers, roughly 60% of which will take place off-road Approximately 40% of the route of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully selected streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Park of the Aqueducts. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic. The level of the tour is intermediate (challenging with an added child seat or child extension). Wearing a helmet on the tour is mandatory Infants under the age of 1 year cannot participate in the tour. Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (max 55 lbs or 25 kg) can come on the tour free of charge For children aged 5-8 years, a child extension is provided Children aged 9 and above can ride on an appropriately-sized e-bike. A minimum of 4 participants applies. If it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative for your tour or a full refund. The tour may last up to 30 minutes more on Wednesdays (4.5 h)

Easy cancellation

Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund

Gallery

Book Now! Rome: Half-Day Ancient Appian Way & Aqueducts E-Bike Tour

My Lists

Create New Guide

OR

Mini Guides
Arrow

Login to create your guides for Rome.

Add to My Guide

Create New Guide

Cancel

Cancel

Recommended Experiences in Rome

500+ trusted car hire partners globally

Create & Share your own Guide to Rome with friends and family!

Add your recommended places to visit by browsing the website and pressing the icon.

Create your own guide of favourite 'must see' places

Earn your Local Expert badge by Sharing your guides with others

Get your guide seen by submitting it to the Mini Guides section

Lists

We Are Part of the My Guide Network!

My Guide Rome is part of the global My Guide Network of Online & Mobile travel guides.

We are now in 120+ Destinations and Growing. If you are interested in becoming a local travel partner and would like to find out more then click for more info about our Website Business Opportunity.

Nearby Destinations