My Guide Website?
Rome: Castel Sant’Angelo Skip-the-Line Ticket & Audio Guide1704 Reviews
See the Castel Sant’Angelo with skip-the-line entry tickets and an optional audio guide. Embark on a journey into the past as you explore one of the most renowned sites in Rome.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Spend more time exploring with skip-the-line entry privileges
- See Hadrian's tomb and the Papal corridors of Castel Sant'Angelo
- Marvel at sweeping views of the land from the terrace of the castle
- Admire panoramic views and take photos of the Sant'Angelo Bridge
- Learn about the legend of Archangel Michael and the plague of 590
DescriptionStep into the history of the Mausoleum of Hadrian, usually known as Castel Sant'Angelo, with skip-the-line entry privileges and an optional app-based audio guide. Don’t miss the chance to visit the Tomb of the Roman emperor Hadrian, also known as Hadrian's Mole. Explore one of the eternal city's most emblematic attractions in Rome. Located on the right bank of the Tiber and only a short distance from the Vatican City, the Castel Sant'Angelo is an ancient fortress with centuries of history. You'll learn about the ancient legend of Archangel Michael appearing atop the mausoleum, sheathing his sword, signaling the end of the plague of 590, and thus lending the castle its present name. Finish your experience with a panoramic view over Rome and the River Tiber from the castle terrace. This a great opportunity to take some photos of the Ponte Sant'Angelo bridge, also known as the Bridge of Angels.
IncludesReserved skip-the-line entry ticket Smartphone audio guide (if option selected)
- Tickets are delivered by e-mail in the late afternoon of the day before your reservation (if you do not receive your voucher code, please check your spam folder). Last entry to Castel Sant'Angelo is at 6:30 PM. You can enter at any time before closing on the day of your reservation You will need to climb a series of stairs to reach the panoramic terrace If you choose the audio guide option, download instructions will be sent via email after you book. An Android (version 5.0 and up) or an iOS smartphone is required for the audio guide options. It is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, or iPad Mini 1st generation. You will need 100 to 150 MB of free space for the download