My Guide Website?
Rome: Appian Way, Aqueducts & Catacombs Option E-Bike Tour869 Reviews
Join a relaxing and safety-conscious e-bike tour of the ancient Appian Way from Rome. Explore the Roman Aqueducts by a Cannondale e-mountain bike with an optional visit to the early Christian Catacombs.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Appian Way and ancient Roman Aqueducts to discover their history
- In the 6-hour version of the tour, visit the Catacombs with an informative guide
- Enjoy cycling on a comfortable Bosch E-Mountain Bike in Caffarella Park
- Ride past Caracalla’s Thermal Baths, Cecilia Metella’s tomb, and other sites
- Take plenty of photos on a memorable day of fun and safe biking
DescriptionIndulge in all things Ancient Roman on this Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs, and Park of the Aqueducts E-bike tour. Ride through the Roman countryside, discover the engineering genius of the ancient Romans, and delve into the early Christian history that shaped the world to come. Meet your guide and leave the city through St. Sebastian's gate in the Aurelian Walls, and enter the Ancient Appian Way - a 2,400-year old thoroughfare that tells the story of Rome's rise, golden age, and decline. In the 6-hour version of the tour, make a stop underground at the Catacombs of St. Callixtus (or St. Sebastian) for a guided visit through its crypts and corridors (the 4.5-hour version of the tour will include an outdoor stop in the Catacombs area). Next, cycle further on the Appian Way, passing mausoleums, tombstones, and sprawling villas of ancient aristocracy. Finally, head to the Park of the Aqueducts, where stretches of colossal arches rise against the warm afternoon light. After following these aqueducts back to modern civilization, cross the green Caffarella Valley. At its exit, you will begin your short ride back to the starting point - but not without one last highlight.
IncludesCannondale Quality E-Mountain Bike (with anti-puncture tires) Local guide Guided visit of the Catacombs (6-hour version) Helmet (use is mandatory) 5-liter handlebar bag Biodegradable bottle of water
- This tour has 2 versions: 6-h tour with Catacombs visit and 4.5-h tour without Catacombs visit. The length of both versions is 27 km (17 miles), 60% of which off-road. The level is intermediate (difficult with a child seat or child extension). On Wednesdays the morning 6-hour Appian Way tour lasts 6.5 hours. Around 40% of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in parks), there is no traffic. Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (max 55 lbs / 25 kg) come on the tour free of charge Children aged 5-8 years old join the tour on a child extension Children aged 9 and above can independently ride an E-bike This tour doesn't include any food/drinks; however, the route offers possibilities to purchase some. A minimum of 4 participants applies. In case it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.