Rome: Appian Way, Aqueducts & Catacombs Option E-Bike Tour

896 Reviews
Tours Culture & history Activities Good for groups Day trips Reseller exclusions Sensitive products Horse riding Nature & adventure Outdoor activities Rentals Outdoor sports

Join a relaxing and safety-conscious e-bike tour of the ancient Appian Way in Rome. Explore the Roman Aqueducts on a Cannondale e-mountain bike with an optional visit to the early Christian Catacombs.

Highlights

  • In the 6-hour version of the tour, visit the Catacombs with an informative guide
  • Enjoy cycling on a comfortable Bosch E-Mountain Bike in Caffarella Park
  • Ride past Caracalla’s Thermal Baths, Cecilia Metella’s tomb, and other sites
  • Take plenty of photos on a memorable day of fun and safe biking
  • Available also as a Private tour (please check availability in the booking form)

Description

Indulge in all things Ancient Roman on this Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs, and Park of the Aqueducts E-bike tour. Ride through the Roman countryside, discover the engineering genius of the ancient Romans, and delve into the early Christian history that shaped the world to come. Meet your guide and leave the city through St. Sebastian's gate in the Aurelian Walls, and enter the Ancient Appian Way - a 2,400-year old thoroughfare that tells the story of Rome's rise, golden age, and decline. In the 6-hour version of the tour, make a stop underground at the Catacombs of St. Callixtus (or St. Sebastian) for a guided visit through its crypts and corridors (the 4-hour version of the tour will include an outdoor stop in the Catacombs area). Next, cycle further on the Appian Way, passing mausoleums, tombstones, and sprawling villas of ancient aristocracy. Finally, head to the Park of the Aqueducts, where stretches of colossal arches rise against the warm afternoon light. After following these aqueducts back to modern civilization, cross the green Caffarella Valley. At its exit, you will begin your short ride back to the starting point - but not without one last highlight.

Includes

Cannondale Quality E-Mountain Bike (with anti-puncture tires) Local guide Guided visit of the Catacombs (6-hour version) Helmet (use is mandatory) 5-liter handlebar bag Biodegradable bottle of water

Important Information

  • This tour has 2 versions: 6-h tour with Catacombs visit and 4-h tour without Catacombs visit. The length of both versions is 27 km (17 mi), 60% of which off-road. The level is intermediate (difficult with a child seat or child extension). On Wednesdays the tours can last 30 minutes longer than the usual (4.5 or 6.5 h). Around 40% of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully chosen streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in parks), there is no traffic. Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (max 55 lbs / 25 kg) come on the tour free of charge Children aged 5-8 years old join the tour on a child extension Children aged 9 and above can independently ride an E-bike This tour doesn't include any food/drinks; however, it is possible to purchase some on the way. A minimum of 4 participants applies. If it's not reached, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund.

Easy cancellation

Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund

Gallery

My Guide Book Now! Rome: Appian Way, Aqueducts & Catacombs Option E-Bike Tour

My Lists

Create New Guide

OR

Mini Guides
Arrow

Login to create your guides for Rome.

Add to My Guide

Create New Guide

Cancel

Cancel

Recommended Experiences in Rome

500+ trusted car hire partners globally

Create & Share your own Guide to Rome with friends and family!

Add your recommended places to visit by browsing the website and pressing the icon.

Create your own guide of favourite 'must see' places

Earn your Local Expert badge by Sharing your guides with others

Get your guide seen by submitting it to the Mini Guides section

Lists

We Are Part of the My Guide Network!

My Guide Rome is part of the global My Guide Network of Online & Mobile travel guides.

We are now in 120+ Destinations and Growing. If you are interested in becoming a local travel partner and would like to find out more then click for more info about our Website Business Opportunity.

Nearby Destinations

Events in Rome

Filter Events by Sub-Category

Please select a Date first.

Search for a company in Rome