My Guide Website?
Visit Tarquinia, The Etruscan place easy going from the port28 Reviews
Visit Necropolis of Tarquinia on a tour from Civitavecchia. Explore the underground archeological park and discover the the Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque beauty of this ancient Etruscan city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Medioeval city centre where admire churches, towers, buildings
- A step back before Roman Civilization: discover the Etruscan park
- tombs, homes, and more faithfully reproduced in 15.000 mqs underground cave
- Enjoy the the beautiful landscape of Maremma from the walls
DescriptionThe tour depart from Civitavecchia port in two different time slots (09.22 am; 10.25 am). After only 20 minutes by shared bus or minibus your English-speaking tour escort will present and tell you about Tarquinia and its tour. You drop off to Barriera San Giusto and after a stop for restrooms or a coffee you start the walking tour in the narrow streets of the Medieval and Renaissance city centre. You will see Churches, majestic walls, historic buildings surrounded by breathtaking views, and much more. The duration of this walking tour will be approximately 1 hour. During the tour our assistant will be there ready to support and accompany you along the route. After 20 minutes we will arrive at the unique underground Etruscan archeological park. Here you will admire recreated artifacts, which were lovingly crafted by the artist Omero, who is known as “the last of the Etruscans.” See tombs, homes, objects, and scenes of daily life. Understand Etruscan culture through objects as well as intricate dioramas. After that you have free time to taste some local products or just relax like an ancient Etruscan! You have three time slots to come back to the port (02.35 pm; 03.35 pm; 04.35 pm) from the same place you drop off in the morning: Barriera San Giusto.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Civitavecchia port Transfer round trip to Tarquinia Entrance ticket fee to the Etruscan underground cave park Escorted walking tour in the city center to Churches, Walls and more audio guide in four languages Assistant
- The tour depart from Civitavecchia port in three different timing rides where is situated the from Terminal Cruise Shuttle Bus. It is the meeting point and last stop of the free port shuttle (that picks up you from the ship's docking area)