My Guide Website?
The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill: A Self-Guided Audio Tour6 Reviews
Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through Ancient Rome's landmarks on this self-guided audio tour with an archaeologist's guidance
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rome: Drunken History Walking Tour with Included Drinks
- Dark Heart of Rome - Facts, Legend & Mystery Walking Tour
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Hadrian's Villa & Villa d'Este Day Trip & Lunch
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- Charge through the extensive history of the Roman Empire
- Hear from the producer, one of Context Travel's local expert tour guides
- Do it all in 90 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionThe Roman Forum is a treasure trove filled with triumphal arches, temples, and basilicas from Ancient Rome. On this walking tour with Context Travel expert Livia Galante – a PhD archaeologist and expert guide – you‘ll see these impressive sites from a whole new perspective, and learn about the history of the central marketplace where ancient Romans went about their daily business. Starting at Campidoglio, the square designed by Michelangelo, you‘ll enter the Forum and make your way to the Temple of Venus and Rome. There, you‘ll see the iconic Colosseum from a hidden spot that most tourists miss. You‘ll walk up Palatine Hill, one of the city’s founding sites, which goes all the way back to Emperor Romulus in 753 BC. You‘ll see Flavian Palace and enjoy breathtaking views from Terrazza Belvedere del Palatino observation deck before making your way back to the Arch of Titus, where our tour ends. On this 90-minute Roman Forum audio tour, you‘ll have a chance to: • Hear the legend of the twins Romulus and Remus • Spot several prominent arches, including the Arch of Titus and Septimius Severus Arch • See the burial place of Giacomo Boni, an architect who scientifically surveyed the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill in the 1800s • Stroll past several ancient temples and their remains, including the Temple of Castor and Pollux, Temple of Vesta, Temple of Minerva, and the Antoninus and Faustina Temple • Gaze upon the still-impressive Basilica di Santa Francesca Romana, and the site where Basilica Giulia once stood • Take in the remnants of aristocrats‘ and emperors‘ homes on Palatine Hill By the end of this tour, you‘ll come away with a deeper knowledge of one of history‘s most pivotal empires, and the many historical figures who once walked the streets of Rome. Please Note: This tour doesn't include entry into the Forum.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- This is not an entry ticket. You'll need to purchase entry separately.
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.