My Guide Website?
Skip-the-Ticket-Line Kids Fun Sistine Chapel & Vatican Tour82 Reviews
This fun Vatican tour has been specifically designed for families with children. Explore the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, and the Basilica with an exciting and engaging tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Join in games and win prizes whilst discovering more about the Vatican’s collections.
- Enter one of Italy’s most popular attractions, the Sistine Chapel
- Explore the most important Catholic church in the world - Saint Peter’s Basilica
- Learn about ancient Greek and Roman sculptures
DescriptionYour guide will meet you near Vatican City. Then, skip the ticket line at the entrance of the Vatican Museums. If required, you can store any belongings you may have in the Vatican cloakroom before the start of the tour. Throughout your tour, your children will join in games and win prizes whilst discovering more about the Vatican’s collections. Marvel at the multitude of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures, as well as the sarcophagi of Empress Helena and Constantina, the mother and daughter of Constantine the Great. Next, move through the Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of the Tapestries, Sobieski Hall, and the sumptuously decorated Raphael Rooms. Then, enter one of Italy’s most popular attractions, the Sistine Chapel, which is still in use, primarily for the papal elections. The chapel is home to Michelangelo's 'The Last Judgment' and other frescoes depicting Biblical stories, such as the creation of Adam. From the Sistine Chapel, continue to the most important Catholic church in the world - Saint Peter’s Basilica. This tour is the perfect way to explore all that the Vatican has to offer, as well as keep your children entertained and engaged, as they have fun and learn. Your family will love teaming up to solve quizzes, participate in treasure hunts, and much more. Your guide will personalize your tour, creating a unique experience for your family. Your tour ends in Saint Peter's Square next to the taxi rank and bus station.
IncludesSkip-the-ticket-line entrance Local guide Small group tour Professional art historian guide Entry/Admission to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, La Pieta, Monument to Alexander VII, Porta Santa, Tomba di Giovanni Paolo II, Cortile della Pigna, St. Peter's Square (Piazza San Pietro)
- Please note the Vatican can decide to close some areas (ie: Sistine chapel and Basilica of St Peter) without notice, in those unfortunate cases the tour guide will adapt the itinerary accordingly
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.