My Guide Website?
Rome: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Basilica Tour238 Reviews
Explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on a guided tour. See the iconic painting on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling, visit the Pine Cone Courtyard, St. Peter's Basilica and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Be transported back to time as you enter the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Get speedy access inside the museums with a skip-the-ticket-line ticket
- Admire the architecture of the Pigna Fountain on the lawn of the Vatican City
- Visit the Galleries of the Candelabra, the Maps, and the Gallery of Tapestries
- Marvel the great masterpiece of Michelangelo with a tour of the Sistine Chapel
DescriptionEnjoy a journey through art and history with skip-the-ticket-line entry to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Discover some of the greatest treasures and works of art in the company of an expert guide. You will begin the tour on the verdant lawn, known as the Pine Cone Courtyard. Marvel at the stunning architecture of the Pigna Fountain on the grounds of Vatican City. After entering the Vatican Museum, you will visit the Gallery of the Candelabra with ancient Greek and Roman artworks. Learn about Raphael Sanzio at the Gallery of Tapestries, one of the most spectacular rooms in the museums. Continue to see the 40 maps frescoed on the Gallery of the Geographical Maps walls and the hanging renaissance artworks at the Gallery of the Tapestries. At the end of your tour, you will visit the Sistine Chapel. Enjoy the beauty of the Sistine Chapel, and marvel at masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael Rooms. Afterward, you will visit St. Peter's Basilica and Micheal Angelo's Pietà.
IncludesHeadsets Guide Vatican Museums skip-the-line entry tickets St. Peter's Basilica tour (if option selected)
- You will have to pass through airport-style security
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- Spots are not guaranteed for latecomers
- St. Peter's is closed during the following times: Wednesdays: 8 AM - 12 PM, December 24th and 31st
- During these times, the tour will visit other parts of the museums
- The Vatican can get very crowded all year round. April to June and September to October are high-season months
- Skip-the-line entrance is included only for the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. For St. Peter's Basilica, you might be asked to wait in a line
- The meeting time is subject to change, and you will receive a phone call or text if this is the case
- No refund will be issued for latecomers
- Individuals with disabilities and special needs must note it on their booking