My Guide Website?
Rome: St. Peter's Basilica Tour with Dome and Papal Tombs6191 Reviews
Discover the wonders of St. Peter’s Square and Basilica on a guided walking tour. Visit the Dome and soak up panoramic views of Rome, then go underground to admire the historic grottoes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rome: Drunken History Walking Tour with Included Drinks
- Dark Heart of Rome - Facts, Legend & Mystery Walking Tour
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Hadrian's Villa & Villa d'Este Day Trip & Lunch
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- Climb to the top of the Dome to admire panoramic views of Rome
- Admire the Basilica's array of impressive marble, ceilings, and mosaics
- Visit St. Peter’s Tomb and touch the original 4th century Basilica walls
- Explore the underground grottoes and marvel at the ancient frescoes
- Choose between a small group or private tour
DescriptionExplore iconic sights in Rome on this guided walking tour. Stroll through St. Peter's square and take in the views of the city from the top of St. Peter's Basilica. Admire artwork like Michelangelo's emotive 'Pietà' statue and go below the Basilica to uncover St. Peter's final resting place. Meet your guide in St. Peter’s Square then start the tour by climbing your way to the top of the Basilica’s dome. Enjoy an exclusive look at the Dome’s impressive mosaics then head further up to the top balcony. From here, marvel at panoramic views across the city, spot the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and other iconic landmarks. Descend into the Basilica and admire its impressive interior and discover why it took 150 years to build. Gaze at the colorful marble, golden ceilings, and intricate mosaics that surround you. Learn about the renowned works of Renaissance and Neoclassic artists that are housed here. Next, head underground to the Basilica’s historic grottoes and visit St. Peter’s Tomb. Touch the ancient walls of the original 4th-century Basilica and admire its beautiful frescoes. Finish the tour in St. Peter’s Square and soak up its majestic architecture.
IncludesProfessional guide Entry fees to the top of the Dome by elevator Sterilized headsets to hear your guide better Use of hand sanitizer during the tour Full on-site assistance
- The Dome's terrace might not be accessible during bad weather. In that case, you can ask for a partial refund and visit the other areas, or cancel for a full refund
- Please note that this is not a skip-the-line tour
- Modest clothing is required to enter the Basilica (knees and shoulders should be covered)
- Please be aware that the lines to clear security checks at the entrance are not skippable and may take 15-120 minutes
- For environmental reasons, it is preferable you bring your own headphones and do not print your voucher. The activity provider will provide headphones if you forget yours
- You will be required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance of the square
- The Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Necropolis are not part of this tour
- You can leave any strollers at the luggage deposit at the basilica's entrance