My Guide Website?
Rome: Colosseum Underground, Arena Floor and Ancient Rome2598 Reviews
Explore the dungeons, underground tunnels, and chambers of the Colosseum on this walking tour with special access to the arena floor. Then, follow your guide to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the underground tunnels of the colosseum
- Get special access to the arena floor
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum
- Benefit from fast track entrance and skip the lines
DescriptionSee parts of the Colosseum that are usually restricted on a guided walking tour that gives you special access to the arena floor and the underground tunnels with fast-track entry. Afterward, continue on with a stroll through Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum. As you stand on the arena floor, walk in the footsteps of gladiators and imagine the roaring crowd. Then, descend beneath the colosseum and see the tunnels that connected the colosseum with the Ludus Magnus, where the gladiators would train. Observe the chambers that would house wild animals and see the elevators that were used to release these predators onto the arena floor. Continue with a walk through the Roman Forum followed by a stroll through the ruins of the emperors’ palaces on the Palatine Hill.
IncludesOfficial guide Colosseum fast-track entry Access to Colosseum underground and arena floor Palatine Hill guided tour Roman Forum guided tour
- The names provided at the time of the booking cannot be changed.
- A government-issued ID/passport is required for every participant. Failure to bring an ID can result in the security staff refusing you entrance to the monument
- The meeting time is subject to change. In this case, you will be contacted in advance via email
- Tours will run rain or shine (unless the monument is closed by the officials for safety reasons)
- There are mandatory security checks at all entry points to the sites. The wait time for the security check can be considerable during peak times/seasons and has nothing to do with the ticket line