My Guide Website?
Rome:Appian Way E-bike Tour with Catacombs, Aqueducts & Food327 Reviews
Escape the hustle and bustle of Rome and hop on a CUBE double-suspension electric mountain bike for a day of peace, tranquillity, and fresh air on a guided tour of the historic Appian Way.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Rome: Ponza Island Day Trip with Boat Excursion
- From Rome: Positano and Amalfi Coast Day Trip
- From Rome: Full-Day Pompeii and its Ruins
- From Rome: Tuscany Guided Day Trip with Lunch & Wine Tasting
- From Rome: Villa D'Este and Hadrian's Villa Tivoli Day Tour
- Ride a full-suspension E-MTB by CUBE, the best e-bike for rough terrains
- Cycle along the Appian Way
- Visit the Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
- Admire ancient water ways in the Parco degli Acquedotti
- Enjoy a tasty BBQ at a local farmers market
DescriptionYour adventure begins close to the Colosseo, the most beautiful district of Rome, the Celio. Step one is getting accustomed to your e-bike before hitting the road. The journey outside city center starts with views of the Coliseum, close to the Terme di Caracalla and the Appian way. After exiting the imperial city through the Aurelian Walls you will ride along the original cobblestones of via Appia Antica, the road that made Rome great. Historic landmarks along the way include the the Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, the Villa of Massenzio, and the Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella. The tour includes a guided visit of the Catacombs, then it's time to reach the ancient Roman water lines of the Parco degli Acquedotti and Parco di Tor Fiscale. Your experience continues with a grilled meal in the shade of a water spring beloved by modern-day citizens of Rome. After lunch, time to head back through the Caffarella Valley with its stunning Ninfeo di Egeria.
IncludesDouble-suspension CUBE PRO 120 electric bike Entry tickets to the Catacombs of Saint Callixtus Multilingual guide Food tasting of local products for lunch
- Basic bike riding skills are required to participate in this activity as it takes place off the beaten track and in the countryside. The tour will be rescheduled or canceled in case of bad weather.