My Guide Website?
Rome: 2-Hour Borghese Gallery Private Tour217 Reviews
Discover masterpieces of art at one of Rome’s most impressive museums on a 2-hour tour of the Borghese Gallery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to the Borghese Gallery, one of Rome's most popular museums
- Enjoy an intimate, small group tour
- Admire sculptures and paintings by Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael and many others
- Get a spectacular view of Rome from the Pincio Terrace
- Hear stories of looted churches and artist workshops, and art obtained without cause
DescriptionSkip the long lines to one of Rome’s most popular museums on a 2-hour guided tour of the Museo e Galleria Borghese (Borghese Gallery). Housed in a stunning villa just outside the Porta Pinciana, the collection has been described as the “Queen of all Private Art Collections.” One of the most interesting, charming, elegant and compact art museums in Rome, the collection is neither chronologically arranged, nor very ordinate. Instead, it is a personal, lovingly matched collection that reveals the personalities and tastes of 2 people: Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the greatest of the Baroque artists, and Scipione Cardinal Borghese, the greatest art collector, who initiated the Roman Baroque. Explore his passion for art, for which he had an infallible instinct, and his unscrupulousness in obtaining the works of art he wanted to posses. Highlights of the museum are many, but include Raffaello's “Woman with the Unicorn,” Domenichino's “Diana,” Botticelli's “Madonna and Child,” and Caravaggio's “David.” Marvel at Bernini's “Apollo and Daphne,” Canova's “Paolina,” and Tiziano's “Amor Sacro & Amor Profano.” Hear a never ending drama of untold stories about art being stolen from churches and artists being sent to jail. Listen to stories about workshops being devastated by Borghese's confiscations, mysterious deaths, and other stories of intrigue and passion that explain how the Baroque could sometimes cost more than life itself.
Includes2-hour tour Skip-the-line entrance ticket Professional licensed tour guide
- Please note that cameras and bags are not permitted inside the Borghese Gallery, and will need to be checked in at the cloakroom before the tour to be collected afterwards
- Please note that due to staircases the tour is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
- This tour is only available in English
- The tour will take place in all weather conditions