My Guide Website?
From Rome: Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius Day Trip2978 Reviews
Explore the intact remains of the Roman town of Pompeii with a guide and climb the mountain that destroyed it.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rome:If youʻre booking your trip to Rome last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a skip-the-line access to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii
- Travel from Rome in the comfort of a fully air-conditioned private bus
- Climb Mount Vesuvius with views of the Bay of Naples
- Explore the intact remains of the Roman town of Pompeii with a guide
DescriptionTravel from Rome to Pompeii in an air-conditioned private bus, accompanied by an archaeologist guide. Benefit from skip-the-line entry and enjoy a guided tour of the ancient city. Throughout the ruins, come across a death cast, a plaster recreation of an unfortunate citizen preserved by the superheated volcanic ash. After visiting Pompeii, drive up the slope of Mt. Vesuvius, one of Europe’s few active volcanoes located in the Vesuvius National Park. From here, take a short hike up to the steaming crater for stunning views of Capri and Sorrento. When Mt. Vesuvius is closed, your tour will follow the coastline and take you to the city of Naples. Explore the iconic Castle Nuovo, the famous art deco Umberto I Gallery, or simply wander around the monumental Plebiscito Square.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation by air-conditioned bus Skip-the-line ticket to Pompeii Tour guide Entry ticket to Vesuvius National Park
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended During summer months in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. In this case, an alternative visit to the city of Naples or Positano will be included From early November to March, Vesuvius isn't accessible and it is replaced with a trip to Positano Please be advised that in the case of events beyond our control, we may need to adjust our itinerary to ensure the safety, quality, and satisfaction of your travel experience. While our day trips are typically of a fixed duration, external factors may occasionally extend tour times slightly. We appreciate your understanding and planning as we strive to provide you with the best possible experience.