My Guide Website?
Jewish Ghetto & Campo de Fiori by Night Food Tour
, Jewish Ghetto, Rome https://www.myguide-rome.com/events/jewish-ghetto-campo-de-fiori-by-night-food-tour
Rome: Jewish Ghetto & Campo de Fiori by Night Food Tour
- See the major sights of Rome, along with some hidden attractions
- Taste traditional specialties at 7 different eateries
- Explore the Jewish Ghetto and medieval Campo de' Fiori
- Meet local producers, innkeepers and food artisans
- Learn local recipes that have been passed down through the generations
DescriptionEnjoy an intimate food and culture tour of Rome in the evening, and see the major sights of the “Eternal City” as you feast on homemade pasta, pastries, and more. Meet your guide on Piazza Mattei in the Jewish Ghetto, and stroll off to discover ancient squares that hum with restaurants and market life. See baroque fountains and statues that strike poses before imposing architecture. Stop at 7 different tasting venues en route, including restaurants, delicatessens, and other notable sites. Go to Piazza Navona, built on the site of the Stadium of Domitian and site of a city market in the late 15th century. See some of Rome’s finest baroque architecture, and Bernini’s Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers). Visit the site of a medieval market at Campo de’ Fiori and admire the local atmosphere. Learn about the death of Julius Caesar at Pompey Theatre, and pass some of the most significant remains of Ancient Rome, including the Theatre of Marcellus, the Temple of Apollo, and the Portico of Octavia. Fine wine and local fare take center stage throughout, with tastings at venues loved by the locals. Discover sites the guidebooks don’t mention, and listen to stories of local lore. Meet people who take great pride in the quality of their products, whether it’s pizza, pasta, or fresh vegetables prepared as they have been for generations.
IncludesVisit to Campo de' Fiori Square Several different food tastings (up to 15 samples) Wine, beer, and soft drinks Walking tour Enthusiastic foodie expert guide
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 people per group, except by special arrangement Tours operate rain or shine Vegetarian options are available. This tour does not accommodate vegans or gluten or dairy-free diets. This is not a kosher food tour